Welcome to my World

Welcome to my little corner of the vast God planned domain. I plan to share mostly my card projects here, you might even possible see some scrapping, quilt projects, and photography. Who knows I may even try other other craft projects. I am also going to share a selection of little recipe cards I have collected over the past few years - scrapped, of course. There may even be some little things of greatness of my daily life. Every now and then, I might even vent!

Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS

WOW What an awesome last 4 days we have had. The best Christmas so far in mhy life. My daughter, Christina and intended Matt arrived Tuesday afternoon to a very chilly Spokane Valley. Matt is not shy at all. Starting joking and telling us about himself right at the airport. Went to lunch at her favorite hamburger joint. After dark went to Couer d'alene ID to see the Christmas light on the boardwalk at the Huge Hagadone hotel there. What a beautiful sight but darn near froze my tush. Came home to a great pot roast dinner. Lots of laughing and chatting all the time.

Wed Christina and I spent 3 hours at the bridal store. She tried on several dresses but never really fell in love with any of them. I guess that happens when you are a little overweight. The place was so busy and lots of tall slender model type girls in there trying lots of dresses. She did find one she may use but not sure yet. While we were gone we sent the boys grocery shopping and to borrow some chair from the church. That evening we had 24 house guest (friends of her's and our's) to meet Matt. What a hoot. We have such a small house and we were all crammed into the living, dining rooms and kitchen. Lots of food was devoured also. Was a good time by all as several of them live out of town and were home for the holidays.

Thursday was just kind of a kick back day. She and I started craftng wedding invitations, save the date cards, party favors and the likes. We hnad such a good time while the guys chatted awhile and then took naps. Later that afternoon my son Eric arrived and we had lots of story swapping, poor Christina. Not sure Matt knows what he is getting into. Went to Christmas eve services, only afterwards to have a pot of homemade noodles from the recipe my grandmother passed to me. The whole pot of chicken and noodles was devoured in no time at all. Watched some TV, joked and had more stories to tell about each other.

Today it is Christmas and we finally opened gifts about noon. Everyone is very pleased with waht we received. Very greatful to all have jobs and able to bless each other with gifts. More wedding planning, kids off to see some friends and Dan is in the kitchen making pies. I do not even have to do a large Christmas dinner as the kids said I have already done enough for them this week so we are having burgers and salad. YEAH easy.

Christina and Matt leave for Dallas TX tomorrow at 5:30 in order for her to meet his parents and have their Christmas together. I think I will sleep the rest of the day after I get home as they need to be at the airport about 4 am. But we were so blessed this Christmas with a future son-in-law and I am so pleased with what we have met and seen so far. Even did the dishes most of the time.

Thanks for listening to my Christmas story. May God bless you all today and forever.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, sounds like you week has just been awesome! So happy for you and your family! Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a busy lady Linda! How special to be able to prepare for your daughter's big day (and yours and Dan's). Sounds like everyone had a terrific time thanks to your special hospitality. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an amazing time!!! Congrats on your daughter's upcoming wedding!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, sounds like you have been very busy!!
    Sounds like you got lucky in the SIL department!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Congrats to your daughter! I hope Dan is feeling better. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all of you for your well wishes. We are all feeling better at this moment. Yes, we are very excited to have a SIL coming into the family as my daughter will be 32 in Jan.

    ReplyDelete